Book now & Pay later
Get a Quick Quote and Book Now

Backpacker Car Insurance

Coming to Australia and planning to buy a vehicle? You will also need to start planning your backpacker car insurance.  We highly recommend you to take out third party compulsory insurance (TPPI) for a trouble free holiday around Australia…Third Party Property Insurance covers you against liability for damage your car might cause to other people’s property, usually the other car in an accident. It is strongly recommended that you take Third Party Property Insurance when you buy a car.

Compulsory Insurance (CTP)

The minimum insurance required by law is included under the registration of all vehicles in Australia. This is the Compulsory Third Party Personal Injury (CTP Greenslip) insurance. Vehicles cannot be registered without this certificate, so every car with a current registration sticker has this insurance

CTP insurance covers everyone involved in a motor vehicle accident, except the driver who caused the accident, for medical and disability costs that result from the accident. We at Travellers Autobarn strongly suggest that everyone travelling to Australia take out his or her own travel/health insurance.

Third Party Property Insurance

It is not required to have any other type of insurance in Australia. However, you may also wish to purchase Third Party Property Damage Insurance that will cover you against costs for damages your car might cause to other people’s property, usually the other car in an accident. We strongly recommend that you take this Third Party Property Insurance when you buy a car.

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Comprehensive car insurance is available to Non-Residents via the Banks in Australia. Contact one of the big 4 Banks – Westpac, ANZ, Commonwealth or NAB – for a quote

Travel Insurance

We recommend our friends at World Nomads for travel insurance. Click here to go to their site and buy piece of mind.

You can buy, extend and claim online from anywhere in the world, 24/7, even if you’ve already left home! Recommended by Lonely Planet, World Nomads travel insurance is designed for adventurous independent travellers and covers overseas medical, evacuation, luggage and property such as iPods and digital cameras.

We are using Cookies to allow for the best possible service & marketing activities. By using our website you agree to the usage of cookies. For more information and how to opt out please refer to our Privacy Policy. OK